What is a daCi Day of Dance?
To promote dance for children and best practices in the teaching of dance to children across the United States, daCi USA encourages members to conduct a regional or statewide day of teaching and professional development. To publicize and facilitate this workshop day, daCi USA will
provide $300 in seed money to five sites per year.
The purpose of a daCi USA Day of Dance is twofold:
- To increase visibility and membership in daCi USA
- To model best practices in dance education for children
The presenters of a daCi USA Day of Dance
may set and collect the fees for their event. We ask that membership
dues be included in the fee for
adult participants who are not currently daCi USA members.
These new memberships will then be forwarded to daCi USA.
Membership Forms are available
here for these new members.
If you are interested in presenting a daCi USA Day of Dance please
fill out this application for the $300 seed money. Return it
to Chris Roberts via email or
send via mail to Chris Roberts, Chair, daCi USA, 3219 East Canyon Road, Springville, UT 84663.
Suggested formats for daCi USA Day of Dance:
- Teaching workshops or professional development workshop
- Dance Festivals for Children
- Dance Classes for Children
- Intergenerational day of dance
- Curriculum based professional development workshops
- Arts in education day of dance
- Multi-discipline arts workshop
- Dance from around the world
- Dance for special populations
- Demonstration classes - half day professional development
- Any of the above in combination
Sample daCi Day of Dance Release Form
daCi Day of Dance Photo Release Form I
Sample daCi Day of Dance Flyers
daCi Day of Dance Flyer I
daCi Day of Dance Flyer II
daCi Day of Dance Flyer III
Sample daCi Day of Dance Schedule
daCi Day of Dance Schedule I
daCi Day of Dance Schedule II
daCi Day of Dance Schedule III
Sample daCi Day of Dance Evaluation Form
daCi Day of Dance Evaluation Form I
We encourage innovative formats that will best serve your community. We encourage partnerships between daCi USA members, organizations, and other related entities such as state offices of education, arts councils, dance education associations, etc.
Thank you for promoting quality dance for children across the United States!
The following daCi members have organized Days of Dance and are willing to advise and/or answer any questions you might have.
You may reach them as follows:
Sam Baumgarten email@example.com
Jeanne Traxler daCiMA@aol.com
Joy Friedlander firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Lynn Babcock